For those who follow me on Booklikes you may already know that we are going to try another bingo in the new year. We are going to be focusing on Romance Bingo 2017 for January through February 2017.
For those on wordpress feel free to follow along! If you want to follow along via wordpress just let me know in the comments and I will follow you via WordPress and enter you along in the monthly drawing as you complete bingos.
Please see below for Rules and FAQs.
Start Date of Bingo: January 1, 2017. That means that a review posted to fit the bingo has to occur after January 1, 2017.
End of Bingo: February 28, 2017. So please make sure that you have your bingo card all filled out so we can include your name for the drawings.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs):
1. If you are going to be participating in the bingo, please add a comment down below. That way I and other participants can follow you.
2. We are going to be using “Romance Bingo 2017” as the tag for the bingo contest.
3. Only one book counts towards a bingo square. The middle square (the heart) can be filled with any book as long as it fits the romance genre in some way.
4. You can get a bingo by reading five books across or down. You can get a bingo by going diagonally as well. I saw some people saying that they thought you could get a bingo by just reading the four corner squares, but for the purposes of our bingo, that doesn’t count. You would need to do four corners and the middle square in order to bingo (5 books).
5. You do not need to black out the whole card to participate in the bingo contest. If you do though, you can join in for the blackout contest.
6. Each bingo that you get is good for one entry in the contest with a maximum of five entries per person. We plan on having one drawing for each month (January 31, 2017 and February 28, 2016) with a blackout drawing occurring on March 1, 2017. That means there is a total of three drawings.
7. Once you win, you are out of the bingo drawing. That way we can make sure that everyone reasonably has a chance to win.
8. For the blackout drawing the prior two winners can still participate.
9. Once again I am not playing to win, since hey I am hosting this thing.
10. If you have any questions concerning a book that you think should count towards a bingo square or just general questions, feel free to comment here, or message me on Booklikes or at my Goodreads profile. It is easier for me to respond via Goodreads so just keep that in mind. You can also message in the group discussion Booklikes Bookish Bingo Club.
11. Re-reads absolutely do count.
12. Have fun!
See below for the bingo card!
We are also having a great time on Goodreads discussing some old romance reads. So even if you are not participating in this bingo, do you have any romance reads you would recommend? Any that you would warn people to stay away from. Because I am mean as anything sometimes, I created a poll for our group to select a group romance read for January. I maybe added Whitney, My Love on that list. I still always bring that book up around romance loving friends of mine because all of us have so many feelings about that book.